By Stacey Ball, Waukesha program support coordinator
I have worked at Wisconsin Youth Company on and off since 2004, both as a site supervisor and group leader. My art degree allows me to bring many creative ideas to program. I love that I get to bring my creativity to program. It brings me so much joy to meet and interact with children of all ages.
With the holidays just around the corner, and with this season looking different than those in the years past, I thought it would be a great idea to share with you a fun project you can all do as a family as we continue to practice social distancing.
This project is a great keepsake that you can hang and do every year!
Mitten ornament project
mitten template (shown right)
felt (variety of colors)
- Print and cut out the mitten pattern sheet
- Trace the mittens onto felt and cut out
- Decorate and design your mittens however you’d like. Cut out holiday shapes, draw designs like snowmen, snowflakes, reindeer, etc. onto the mittens.
- Glue on string like in image shown. Let dry.
- Hang on your Christmas tree and enjoy!
Tips: Add your name and the year in paint or markers. Hot glue dries super fast.