Thank you for choosing Wisconsin Youth Company’s Wander Wisconsin Adventure Trips!
Please note: Families are varied and the use of the word Parent(s) refers to the adult(s) who are responsible for the camper.
Please carefully review all tabs on this webpage prior to your camper’s first day of camp.
Madison Base Camp | Crestwood Elementary | 5930 Old Sauk Rd., Madison
Waunakee Base Camp | Heritage Elementary | 501 South St., Waunakee
Verona Base Camp | Badger Ridge Middle | 300 Richard St., Verona
Camp Cell Phone | 608-445-8046
Camp Hours | Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Drop-off takes place between 8-8:30 a.m.
- Pick-up takes place between 4:30-5 p.m.
- Please note, there is no camp Monday, July 3 or Tuesday, July 4
Meet the Staff
- Adventure Trip Leaders | Coming Soon!
- Summer Program Coordinator | Ashley
All staff have education and/or experience related to working with children. They receive training prior to the start of the camp season and are certified in first aid/CPR and lifeguarding.
Health & Wellness at Camp
Please monitor your camper for possible illness at home prior to arriving at camp each day. If your camper has a fever greater than 100° F or other illness, please keep your camper home for the day and contact our administrative office regarding their absence.
Wisconsin Youth Company follows CDC COVID-19 guidelines as well as standard communicable disease policies. If your camper tests positive for COVID-19, please let us know right away by emailing email@example.com.
Families will be notified of COVID-19 exposure and other communicable diseases through signage posted at program. Wisconsin Youth Company programs follow current CDC, Public Health and Department of Children and Families guidelines in regard to face coverings at program.
Upon arrival, directors will complete a visual wellness check before campers enter their group.
Where to Park
- Madison Base Camp | Limited parking is available along Old Sauk Rd. in front of Crestwood Elementary. Parking is available in the school parking lots. Enter through the main school entrance.
- Waunakee Base Camp | Parking is available in the school’s south parking lot. Please do not park on the road in front of the main program door, this area is a fire route. Camp program space can be accessed through Door #3.
- Verona Base Camp | Parking is available in the main school parking lot. Enter through Door #5 located near the theater and natatorium entrance.
Drop-off Procedure | After entering the school building, staff will be waiting to walk you through the sign-in process, or direct you to the correct Wander Wisconsin meeting place. If you would like your camper to arrive independently by walking or biking, please contact the administrative office to authorize Independent Arrival.
Medications, Sunscreen, and Insect Repellent | If your camper has medications, sunscreen or insect repellent, please bring these on the first day of their attendance. All items should be labelled with first and last name. Wisconsin Youth Company does provide sunscreen and insect repellent. Campers are not required to bring their own.
What to Bring
Please only send your camper with following items. All items should be labeled with your camper’s first and last name:
- Sack lunch (nut-free) that does not need to be refrigerated or microwaved
- Gym shoes or sandals with a heel strap (no flip flops)
- Water bottle labeled with child’s first and last name
- Extra set of clothing, as needed
- Campers may bring non-electronic items from home to engage with while being transported to trip locations. Things like books, journals, art supplies, etc. will be permitted from home. Please do not send unnecessary or expensive items with your camper for use during transport.
Wisconsin Youth Company is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged personal property, including clothing.
Picking Up Your Camper
When to Pick-up | Campers should be picked up during the designated pick-up timeframe: Monday-Friday 4:30-5 p.m. If you need to pick up your camper early, please coordinate in advance with Wander Wisconsin staff. Campers travel to trip destinations daily, sometimes two hours away from base camp. Pick-up is allowed from off-site locations, but daily plans will not be modified to accommodate early pick-ups.
Pick-up Procedure | After entering the school building, camp staff will be waiting to walk you through the sign-out process. Occasionally, Wander Wisconsin trips will return behind schedule from the day’s activities. Your understanding and patience is appreciated in these circumstances.
Independent Departure | If you would like your camper to walk home independently or meet you at your vehicle, please contact the administrative office to authorize Independent Departure. Campers cannot meet you at your vehicle unless they have prior authorization.
Authorized Pick-up Person | Only authorized pick-up people can pick up your camper. If you would like to add an additional authorized pick-up person, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All authorized pick-up people are encouraged to have a photo ID on them. With the safety of campers in mind, staff will check IDs if they have not met a pick-up person or do not recognize a pick-up person.
Please call the 24-hour attendance message line, 608-276-9898, if your camper will be absent. Please call before 8:30 a.m. if the message pertains to that day.
Campers will travel with other participants in the group to off-site locations daily. Group size will be consistent for each week long program, and will be a maximum of 13 campers.
- Materials and equipment will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the summer.
- Each camper will have a designated space to store their belongings. Campers should only bring essential items for the day.
Snack & Lunch
It’s important campers start each day with a good breakfast prior to camp, and bring a nutritious and satisfying lunch. Sack lunches must not require refrigeration or microwaving; milk is provided. A morning and afternoon snack will be provided. Some campers have life-threatening allergies (like a peanut or tree nut allergy). For this reason, WYC requests that campers bring a nut-free lunch. All snacks served at camp are nut-free.
- Campers will eat snack and lunch with their group daily at trip locations. Snack and lunch will be eaten outdoors when it is available.
- All campers must wash hands with soap and water before and after eating. In the event that soap and water are not readily available at the trip location, hand sanitizer or soap and water wipes will be used.
Daily Trip Locations
Wander staff will do their best to adhere to the trips advertised on the Wander Wisconsin webpage. Specific daily trip information will be updated the week prior and can be found on the This Week at Wander tab. Some trip locations may need to be modified closer to the actual program date, and some trip locations are weather dependent. You will be notified of any trip location or time change prior to campers leaving on that trip. Notification will be made via email, text message, or directly by Wander staff and will be reflected on the This Week at Wander tab.
Many Wander Wisconsin trips include a swimming or water component. Please send your camper prepared for these trips with appropriate clothing. To review your camper’s swim level, or to change it, please email email@example.com. Campers will receive a swim shirt on their first day in program, and should wear that shirt on swimming or water days.
Keeping Camp Clean
We understand the need to keep camp clean is more important now than ever before. Because of this, we are implementing the following practices:
- Campers and staff will be required to wash hands often and thoroughly
- Staff will clean and disinfect program materials on a regular basis
- Facility staff will clean high traffic areas within the building including bathrooms
- All disinfecting will happen in a room that is not accessible to campers. Disinfecting of group spaces will only happen when campers are not present.
- For cleaning, staff will use a detergent/soap and water solution
- For disinfecting, staff will use EPA-approved products
Parent Contact Information
It is important that Parents can easily be reached throughout the camp day. Please verify your contact information in your parent portal and contact the administrative office if changes need to be made.
In the event that camp staff contact you requesting that your camper be picked up for illness or other reasons, we ask that you do so immediately. If you are unable to pick up your camper immediately, please arrange for emergency pick-up individuals. These individuals must be listed as authorized pick-up persons on your account.
Changing Account Information
Written notification is required to make any changes to your account information (i.e. phone numbers, pick-up persons, emergency contacts, etc.). An email from the email address on-file is sufficient. Your account password is required to make changes.
Additional Program Information
Additional program-related information can be found in the program handbook.
No Camp Days
There is no camp Monday, July 3 or Tuesday, July 4, 2023
Contact Wisconsin Youth Company
Summer Program Director, Nate Peterson
Wisconsin Youth Company Administrative Office – Mailing Address
733 Struck St.- 45620
Madison, Wisconsin 53744
Phone: 608-276-9782 ext. 0
24-Hour Attendance Message Line: 608-276-9898
Use the above address, fax, email and phone number for payments, registration and billing inquires, and other general information. You may also access your account online through the Parent Portal.
Q: Who can drop off and pick up campers?
A: Following Wisconsin Youth Company policy, campers may only be dropped off and picked up from camp by authorized pick-up person(s) listed on their registration.
Q: What happens if my child gets sick while at camp?
A: Each camp has a designated space available to use in the event that a camper gets sick. While in this space, they will remain supervised by staff. Staff will call for immediate pick-up. Please ensure that your camper is picked up as soon as possible.
Q: When will my camper receive their camp t-shirt and when do they need to wear it?
A: Campers will receive their t-shirt during their first week of camp. Campers should wear their t-shirts on all swim trip days.
Q: Can I pick up my child from a field or swim trip?
A: Pick-up from an off-site field or swim trip is an option when needed by families, although is not preferred. Please coordinate specific details with the camp director at your child’s camp location. Please note off-site pickup is not always an option. Field and swim trips are pre-determined and will not be altered to accommodate pick up or drop off for children.
Q: Do I need to provide sunscreen and insect repellent for my camper?
A: Wisconsin Youth Company provides sunscreen and insect repellent for all campers attending summer programs. WYC uses Rocky Mountain brand 30 SPF lotion sunscreen and Cutter DEET-free insect repellent. Families may provide their own sunscreen and/or insect repellent. Please contact our administrative office at firstname.lastname@example.org for Dane county families and email@example.com for Waukesha families for additional details.
Q: How do I update my child’s swim level?
A: The easiest way to update your child’s swim level is to contact the administrative office at firstname.lastname@example.org for Dane county families and email@example.com for Waukesha families. You can also fill out necessary paperwork at your child’s camp location, but due to the volume of changes and the workload of camp staff, it is preferred that you contact the administrative office. Please note changes are not immediate.
Welcome to Wander Wisconsin
Weekly Activities | Coming Soon!
- Please send a nut-free lunch with your camper each day
- If you child has medications at camp, they must be dropped off on their first day of attendance.