Whether it is building positive relationships with the children in after school programs, planning snacks for the week, or organizing group games and activities, after school professionals are intentional about creating a safe space where children’s voices can be heard.
Supportive, Active, Focused, and Engaging! After school professionals see children grow and help them face all sorts of challenges along the way with compassion and encouragement.
One of the best things about after school professionals is the sense of fun and joy they bring to their work every day.
Afterschool Professionals Appreciation Week is a time to recognize, appreciate and advocate for those who work with young people during out-of-school hours. The week is marked by celebrations, public relations, and advocacy efforts encouraging appreciation and support for afterschool professionals who make a profound difference in the lives of youth.
3 Ways You can Advocate for Afterschool Professionals
- Share your love on social media!
– “I support the afterschool professionals who positively influence students’ development during out-of-school hours. You are the #HeartOfAfterschool!”
– “I’m shining a light on the afterschool professionals who make a profound difference in the lives of young people. Join me in celebrating Afterschool Professionals Appreciation Week! #HeartOfAfterschool”
- Get involved with your school’s PTO/FTO and voice your support for the afterschool professionals working in your child’s school.
- Call or email your local representative(s) and ask for information on what they are doing to support afterschool care in your community.
Join us in celebrating Afterschool Professionals Appreciation Week!