Maureen Alley, communications director
Give Joy, Kindness to Families Facing Hardships
5th Annual Toy Drive Supports Southwest Madison
Madison, Wisconsin (Wednesday, November 8, 2023) — Elver Park and Theresa Terrace Neighborhood Centers, operated by Wisconsin Youth Company, host their 5th Annual Holiday Toy Drive to bring joy and happiness to children and families during the 2023 holiday season. The need is greater this year due to inflation and the rising costs of living expenses. Many families served by the neighborhood centers struggle to make ends meet each day. The toy drive is intended to bring holiday joy to children and relief to families.
“The toy drive is a great way for the Madison community to come together and make a positive impact on children’s lives. Each gift will make a difference for the parent, caregiver, and the children,” says Jennifer Weber, director of neighborhood centers, Wisconsin Youth Company.
Families rely on the generosity of individuals, businesses, and organizations to donate new, unwrapped toys that will be distributed to children who might not otherwise receive gifts during the holidays. Donations are accepted through December 15.
To support this toy drive, community members can:
- Drop off gits at any of the following donation stations:
- Greenway Family Dental
- Summit Credit Union (Sauk Trail)
- Summit Credit Union (Yellowstone)
- Pure Wellness Chiropractic
- Ignite Wellness Partners
- Keva Sports Center
- Madison Area Builder’s Association
- Madison West Police Department
- Christie’s International Real Estate
- Purchase an item off the Amazon Charity List and have it mailed directly to the neighborhood center
- Make a monetary donation to fill the gap in donated gifts
In December, EPNC and TTNC will host a free event offering parents and caregivers the chance to “shop” the donated items. This allows families to choose gifts tailored to the interest of their children.