AFTER SCHOOL, Wisconsin Youth Company’s oldest and largest program —safe places where kids belong, where friendship comes first and community is created. Homework help, hobbies, hands-on learning, games, sports, science, drama, cooking, fun. Join us for before school, after school, all day and break programs. Drop-in available, space permitting. Begin. Believe. Belong.
World Language—learning a language opens the door to other cultures. And learning about other cultures enriches us and helps us live in our complex world. When children participate in our language classes they meet and make friends
with other children who share their interest in being part of a larger cultural community.
Want to go to summer day camp? Every day is packed with snappy, theme-based fun that gets kids involved, moving and creating. There’s plenty of nurturing for the youngest campers as they learn what it means to be a part of the camp community. Older kids get to safely test their independence and choice-making skills on a range of hands-on activities.
Circus Immersion, Theater Immersion, World Language Immersion Camps and French Camp for Youth (offered in the summer, and in Madison only) challenge children to reach their highest potential. Whether their passion is language and culture, circus arts or theater production, campers will surprise themselves and you with what they accomplish. Kids create a tight-knit team as they work towards end-of-camp performances. Friendships blossom and you can see the sense of accomplishment on their faces. Reach! Be spectacular!
Middle school age students can pursue a hobby or build life skills in a range of hands-on courses at Middle School U. Free time with just the right amount of supervision enhances the growing independence of youth entering grades 6-9.
Wander Wisconsin is our program for kids who crave adventure and variety, and at the same time need and want to connect to nature in a meaningful way. Travel Clubs allow them to see the best of Wisconsin’s natural areas and attractions on day trips. Wander Camps focus on learning about the natural world and experiencing an appreciation of it, through hands-on recreation skills like canoeing.
- 2016-2017 before and after school programs - Dane and Waukesha Counties
- 2016 Dane and Waukesha summer programs
2016 Summer Wait-list
- The Circus Immersion Camps have reached the maximum number of participants. If you are interested, please register on the wait-list for this program. If space becomes available, we will contact families on the wait-list
- 2016 summer programs | You may register or add weeks any time until the end of the business day on Friday (5 p.m.) six business days prior to the week being requested, provided space is available
- 2016-2017 AFTER SCHOOL Enrollment Blackout Period
A registration blackout period will begin two weeks prior to the start of the school year, to allow time for heavy volume of processing. Only completed forms received before this date will be processed and confirmed to begin the first week of school, as space permits. Registrations received during the blackout period will be processed as volume and capacity permit. Schedule changes are not processed during this blackout period.
- Wander Camp: Camp Like a Champ has been canceled for summer 2016
- Merton's Camp Connection has been canceled for summer 2016
- School Cancellations and Closings: If school is canceled, delayed, or closed early due to inclement weather, physical plant problems, or other emergencies, AFTER SCHOOL will not operate. School closing announcements will be made on the radio, TV, email, incoming message and/or our website, wisconsinyouthcompany.org. In the event of inclement weather, if schools are open but the weather is worsening, AFTER SCHOOL will operate, but we ask that parents pick up their children as early as possible. There is no credit or fee reduction for days missed.
Check out this article--students from our Middle School U Shore Fishing course are mentioned in this article Panfish: A Story in Three Acts by Chesleyfan-I work, I fish, I write.
UPDATE - Program location for Camp of the Lakes and World Language Immersion Camps is now being held at Shorewood Elementary School, 1105 Shorewood Blvd., Madison.
Construction has started on Gammon Road/McKenna Blvd. and will continue through October 2016, with ongoing lane closures and possible traffic delays. This will impact anyone who will visit our administrative office, 1201 McKenna Blvd. For your ease and convenience, we ask that you use our parking lot entrance located on Gammon Lane on the rear side of the building.
UPDATE - Program location for Middle School U and Wander Wisconsin is now being held at Cherokee Heights Middle School, 4301 Cherokee Drive, Madison.
Check out this video of the EPNC kitchen remodel time lapse!
Cllick to see the photo gallery from Celebrating Youth! 2016 at Kids Exopo!
A big congratulations to our AFTER SCHOOL Program Manager Ashley Rose, as she was selected to be apart of the Leading with Emotional Intelligence Fellowship through The National AfterSchool Association! The National AfterSchool Association’s six-month Leading with Emotional Intelligence Fellowship is designed to develop the emotional intelligence (EQ) of after school leaders and focuses on vital strategies to improve program leadership, staff development and relationships. The National AfterSchool Association is proud to announce the inaugural Leading with Emotional Intelligence Fellows.
- Elver Park Neighborhood Center (EPNC) is honored to receive a $25,000 grant from the Madison Community Foundation for the renovation of its’ kitchen. EPNC is honored to be awarded an additional $10,000 grant from the Evjue Foundation to be put toward our kitchen renovation project. The Evjue Foundation is the charitable arm of The Capital Times newspaper. It was established in 1970 and since then has contributed $53 million to organizations working to improve the quality of life in Madison and Dane County. We greatly appreciate the foundation supporting our work to improve the lives of families in the Elver Park neighborhood. Learn More
- WYC is pleased to be a member of AmazonSmile. When you shop smile.amazon.com, you have the same experience as shopping on Amazon, but 0.5% of your purchase will be donated to the charitable organization of your choice, at no extra cost to you. If you shop on Amazon, we would very much appreciate your support. All donations go to our scholarship fund so that more children can participate in WYC programs.
- Looking to hear more about our programs and/or to re-enroll with Constant Contact to receive emails from Wisconsin Youth Company, please contact Julie, firstname.lastname@example.org.