AFTER SCHOOL, Wisconsin Youth Company’s oldest and largest program —safe places where kids belong, where friendship comes first and community is created. Homework help, hobbies, hands-on learning, games, sports, science, drama, cooking, fun. Join us for before school, after school, all day and break programs. Drop-in available, space permitting. Begin. Believe. Belong.
After School Middle School U is a program for students entering grades 6-8. After the school day ends, join your friends and pursue hobbies and build life skills in a fun, safe environment. Students will engage in physical group games and activities, indoors and outdoors, getting creative with fun crafts and discover the world through science projects.
World Language—learning a language opens the door to other cultures. And learning about other cultures enriches us and helps us live in our complex world. When children participate in our language classes they meet and make friends
with other children who share their interest in being part of a larger cultural community.
Want to go to summer day camp? Every day is packed with snappy, theme-based fun that gets kids involved, moving and creating. There’s plenty of nurturing for the youngest campers as they learn what it means to be a part of the camp community. Older kids get to safely test their independence and choice-making skills on a range of hands-on activities.
Circus Immersion, Theater Immersion, and World Language Immersion Camps (offered in the summer, and in Madison only) challenge children to reach their highest potential. Whether their passion is language and culture, circus arts or theater production, campers will surprise themselves and you with what they accomplish. Kids create a tight-knit team as they work towards end-of-camp performances. Friendships blossom and you can see the sense of accomplishment on their faces. Reach! Be spectacular!
Middle school age students can pursue a hobby or build life skills in a range of hands-on courses at Middle School U. Free time with just the right amount of supervision enhances the growing independence of youth entering grades 6-9.
Wander Wisconsin is our program for kids who crave adventure and variety, and at the same time need and want to connect to nature in a meaningful way. Travel Clubs allow them to see the best of Wisconsin’s natural areas and attractions on day trips. Wander Camps focus on learning about the natural world and experiencing an appreciation of it, through hands-on recreation skills like canoeing.
- NEW! - 2015-2016 Kettle Moraine Middle School U program
- NEW! - Milton's 2015-2016 before and after school programs - register online, click the green register button in the upper right hand corner (click for program fees & information)
- 2015-2016 before and after school programs
- Swallow's 2015-2016 Before School program has been canceled.
- Lowell's 2015-2016 AFTER SCHOOL program has been canceled.
- Kegonsa's 2015-2016 AFTER SCHOOL program has been canceled.
- School Cancellations and Closings: If school is canceled, delayed, or closed early due to inclement weather, physical plant problems, or other emergencies, AFTER SCHOOL will not operate. School closing announcements will be made on the radio, TV, email, incoming message and/or our website, wisconsinyouthcompany.org. In the event of inclement weather, if schools are open but the weather is worsening, AFTER SCHOOL will operate, but we ask that parents pick up their children as early as possible. There is no credit or fee reduction for days missed.
Enrollment Blackout Period
A registration blackout period began on August 17, two weeks prior to the start of the school year, to allow time for heavy volume of processing. Only completed forms received before this date will be processed and confirmed to begin the first week of school, as space permits. Registrations received after this date will be processed as volume and capacity permit. Schedule changes are not processed during this blackout period. -- The blackout period excludes Milton's 2015-2016 programs.
- WYC was featured this week in the City of Madison "Points of Progress" public service announcement covering a community building event at the Theresa Terrace Neighborhood Center focusing on citywide civil rights efforts.
- WYC is pleased to be a new member of AmazonSmile. When you shop smile.amazon.com, you have the same experience as shopping on Amazon, but 0.5% of your purchase will be donated to the charitable organization of your choice, at no extra cost to you. If you shop on Amazon, we would very much appreciate your support. All donations go to our tuition assistance fund so that more children can participate in WYC programs.
- Looking to hear more about our programs and/or to re-enroll with Constant Contact to receive emails from Wisconsin Youth Company, please contact Julie, email@example.com
- Check out photo galleries from the 2015 AFTER SCHOOL Spring Fairs!
- Check out photo galleries from the 2014-2015 school year!